Saturday, November 22, 2008

My Blog

Hello! First, if you do not like Nintendo's marvelous RPG monster battling series Pokémon, then turn away now. This blog is dedicated to my battles on Pokémon Platinum.

I am a small-time trainer, I don't have time to play it very often and I'm not known on any sort of forum or anything, probably because I mostly lurk (and perhaps due to the fact I don't win all that much ). I have been following the metagame on a competitive basis since the RSBots on IRC, during the '386 era' (ie. after all of the 1st, 2nd and 3rd gen were included but before the advent of the FireRed and LeafGreen move tutors), I've not been a newbie but I've not been great at battling. I have been playing the games since Red and Blue, and although battling computers is vastly different from human opponents, it has given me the basic kinds of knowledge so I don't tend to make the 'used earthquake against Bronzong' sort of mistakes, etc.

My battling style attempts to be a breath of fresh air: I tend to favour UU and BL Pokémon or OU Pokémon used in different ways to the norms but very rarely the very OU Pokémon like Garchomp, Heatran, Blissey etc. I use Smogon to get a bit of a reality scope on my teams (ie. what kind of threats I'm looking at) but I devise my EV spreads myself and a few sets, too. I don't tend to be very successful however.

Anyway, this blog is to track the progress of my team(s) using videos. If you do watch a battle, commenting or following my blog will be greatly appreciated! Thank you for reading.

No comments: