Team: Standard #1
Battles since last blog: Two; both against the same person. I won the first match, he beat me in a rematch. I have the video of me winning, but it was a bit of a dull match, so I didn't bother.
Well, I haven't battled in a while, my focus recently has been on my Little Cup page I'm constructing and Animal Crossing: City Folk which recently came out in the UK, but I logged in on #pawnstarz the other day and the revered clan leader, Xjizzle, challenged me and here I am. He's somewhat a God among the clan!
Well, my team never could cope well with Sandstorm teams, whenever I battle one I think about adding a weather changer just for cancelling the storm... I made a number of silly mistakes, the notable ones were how I handled Empoleon (two mistakes there!), being too prediction shy with Donphan (my instinct told me to use Earthquake but no... I played it safe) and the very first turn: i shoulda known Pursuit hits through U-Turn. He was also a top notch player, always keeping one step ahead except with the Pursuit on Tauros, but it hardly cost him anything. A worthy loss indeed; next time I shall be in better forme!
- A hax-free game, with the possible exception of Hydro Pump missing: to be fair though, the odds of hitting three times out of three are 50/50, so it wasn't exactly improbable.
- A well-played game by the opponent
- Empoleon's nigh-on perfect usage
- My prediction was way off
- I let certain Pokémon just die: while some didn't even do anything
- I made stupid mistakes!